PRE-PRIMARY (LKG & UKG)
- Pre-Primary assessment will be mainly focusing on 3 Rs. There shall be two periodic test and two assessments
PRIMARY (Class 1 TO 5)
- Students will be assessed on the basis of their performance in Scholastic as well as Co-Scholastic areas. Four assessments namely, Pre Mid Term, Mid Term, Post Mid Term and Annual Assessment will be conducted in an academic session. Each Assessment will cover 25% of the whole syllabus and will be comprised of 40 marks for Written Test, 5 marks for Note Book Correction and 5 marks for Subject Enrichment Activity. Students are required to get a cumulative average of 33% marks in each subject to be eligible for promotion. Apart from this, Co-Scholastic Activities such as , Art Education/Visual and Performing Arts, Health and Physical Education along with Discipline will also be assessed periodically on a three point scale (A to C).
SECONDARY (Class 6 to 10)
- Students will be assessed as per the remodeled assessment structure of CBSE effective from the Academic Year 2018-19.
Scholastic Area: Class 6 to 8
- Scholastic assessment is of 100 marks each conducted in two times in the form of Mid Terminal Examination and Annual Examination. Of this 80 marks are allocated for the written examination and 20 marks for Internal Assessment. A student has to secure 33% marks out of 80 marks in each subject in the Annual Examination to be promoted. The Internal Assessment pattern is same as that of Classes 9 & 10.
Scholastic Area: Class 9 to 10
- Scholastic Area is of 100 Marks. Of this 80 marks are allocated for the Annual Examination and remaining 20 marks for Internal Assessment. A student has to secure 33% marks out of 80 marks in each subject to be promoted. In Internal Assessment too student has to secure 33% marks out of overall 20 marks earmarked in each subject.
Annual Examination (80 Marks)
- Annual Examination is of 80 Marks which will include the entire syllabus of the Academic Year. A student has to secure 33% marks out of 80 marks in each subject to be promoted.
Internal Assessment (20 Marks)
Internal Assessment comprises of Periodic Tests (5 Marks), Multiple Assessment (5 marks) Portfolio (5 marks) and Subject Enrichment Activity (5 Marks). A student has to secure 33% marks out of overall 20 marks earmarked in each subject.
(i) Periodic Tests (5 Marks)
- There will be 3 periodic written assessments in the entire academic year. The periodic written tests are conducted as Pre Mid Term Test, Mid Term Test and Post Mid Term Test with portion of syllabus cumulatively covered. The average of best two tests will be taken for final mark submission.
(ii) Multiple Assessments (5 Marks)
- Various Assessments such as Quiz, Oral Test, Concept Mapping, Exit Cards, Visual Expression etc, shall be conducted in different subjects.
(iii) Portfolio (5 Marks)
- The students will be evacuated on the basis of Class Work, Peer Assessment, Self Assessments, Achievements of students in the subjects, Reflections ,Narrations, Journals etc.
(iv) Subject Enrichment Activities (5 Marks)
- These are subject specific application activities aimed at enrichment of the understanding and skill development. These activities are recorded internally by respective subject teachers.
For Languages: Activities conducted for subject enrichment in languages aim at equipping the learner to develop effective speaking and listening skills.
For Mathematics: The listed laboratory activities and projects as given in the prescribed publication of CBSE / NCERT will be followed.
For Science: The listed practical works / activities will be carried out as prescribed by the CBSE in the curriculum.
For Social Science: Map and project work will be undertaken as prescribed by the CBSE in the curriculum.